↓ Skip to Main Content
Mission & Vision
On-Site & Virtual Programs
High Altitude Research Project
Star Party Recordings
Sonoma County Chapter
Friends of Fife Creek Fin-Raiser 2023
Here are the activities that we are planning to include at this event
Grow snap peas
– Grow your own plants in a bag taped to your window in the sun.
– Build a water filter to understand how water is cleaned.
– See how the roots of plants hold the soil and prevent it from washing away.
Bee finger puppet
Leaf rubbing/Learn the parts of a leaf
– Rub crayons on paper covering a leaf to reveal its structure.
– Gather materials and build a masterpiece.
– Watch as ink spreads and splits into its original colors across a coffee filter, then make them into decorative flowers.
– Use the sun to create permanent images on special paper.
Photosynthesis on a geranium
– See how covering part of a leaf affects its color, and why.
Citizen Science for Kids
– Twelve real science projects where kids can help collect data.
– Learn how to build a living space for beneficial insects in your own yard.